Welcome to friends old and new. Our church building is now open each Sunday for gathered worship; we are also streaming these meetings live on Zoom and making them available on YouTube as soon as we can after. We are also offering in-person children’s work each week and youth work every other week (keep an eye on our CHBC News for up to date info).
Whether you’re a regular or first time attendee, we’d love to hear from you by either commenting below or completing our connect form.
What to expect
We recognise each person is at a different stage in their desire (or reality) of returning to in-person gatherings. So the Members have agreed:
- To strongly encourage masks to be worn when moving around and singing (ages 11+ unless exempt) but can be removed when seated;
- To provide lanyards for those who want to indicate they’d like space;
- To have two zones: a 2m socially distanced area and a 1m zone where groups can sit together or a 1m spacing can be created by placing an ‘x’ card (available at the door) on the adjacent chair.
- To watch over one another, recognising if anyone who we’re in close contact with is feeling unwell (i.e., a cold) or has any symptoms of Covid we will stay home, connect online (if possible) and let our Pastoral Lead / Pastor know of any support we may need.
In spite of these guidelines we hope you’ll find a warm and welcoming community who love Jesus and want to gather, in whatever form, to worship Him. We use the language of family about ourselves as we think this best reflects the way we try to be — seeking to create an environment where we are considerate of one another (even when that’s not our preference!)
How do I join you for worship?
To find out more about Sunday Gatherings, our buildings and parking, please click here.
To attend on Zoom, please email Martyn (Church Secretary) if you have not already registered.
For those who want it, here’s a little more information:
- Children’s and Youth work — Groundbreakers (ages 2-Y1) and XStream (Y2-6) leave after 20 mins to go to our Hall for their groups; Attic (Y7-11) meet in our coffee shop (Gateway) which is connected to the main building.
- Hygiene … all current practices will remain: encourage use of han-san on entry/exit; cleaning high-touch points after gatherings; 1-in 1-out toilets; no refreshments at this time.
- Singing … with masks.
- Social interaction … yes, absolutely but we ask you are respectful of others who may still be cautious. If you are not sitting, please wear a mask.
A black lanyard (and optional badge) will be available on the door for those who want to offer a visual cue to others that they are feeling cautious and would like people to respect their space (from 1st August).
Anniversary Meal (3rd October)
To sign up and join us, please either call Pauline Stutton or click here