Following on from Chase the Light and In Search of Easter, we now bring you In Search of Light.
For the last few years on Hallowe’en we’ve hosted an alternative event as we want to celebrate the good things of this world; the best of all we believe is Jesus — the Light of the World. This year it’s called In Search Of Light.
This is a free, family-friendly trail around Warwick town centre, followed by refreshments in the church building+ for those who wish to join us.
To make the most of this trail you may wish to use a smartphone and QR code scanner*, although we also aim to offer alternative facilities for viewing videos. Scroll down now to register or read on for more information.
* Please be aware the QR codes will take you to videos which will need to use data from your phone plan to watch. If you aren’t familiar with QR codes click here for more info.
+ In the event of new government restrictions preventing an indoor event, we’ll post an update to plans at the top of this page, on Facebook, and will email those on our Events mailing list.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Register by Wednesday 27th Oct& to book your starting time slot (4.00-4.15pm, 4.20-4.35pm, 4.40-4.55pm, 5-5.15pm).
2. On Sunday 31st October, come along to Castle Hill Baptist Church at your booked time slot. Find the first QR code and clue to start your search around Warwick town centre. Do watch out for traffic and follow any government advice on social distancing.
3. Use the clues to lead you to each In Search of Light station where you will find the missing letters that reveal a secret word (keep a note of the letters as you go!)
4. As you complete the trail, why not take photos and either:
… post them on Facebook (@Castle Hill Baptist Church Warwick / #InSearchOfLightCHBC)
… send them via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB By sending or posting photos to CHBC you consent to their use for general CHBC purposes
5. Return to the church building% once you’ve completed the trail (and by 6.10pm at the latest).
… Bring your completed secret word to reveal the final video
… Children can collect their goody bags
… All are welcome to join us for refreshments
NB All goody bags will be filled at least 72 hours before collection and will be distributed in line with Covid-19 requirements.
& Anyone not registered by Wednesday 27th October may still participate in the trail but will not be able to collect a goody bag due to the preparation time needed to make up goody bags.
% In the event of new government restrictions preventing an indoor event, we’ll post an update to plans at the top of this page, on Facebook, and will email those on our Events mailing list.
Registration for the event is now closed.