Christmas is Coming…
Ready, Steady, Cook?
Why not join us for a community Christmas pudding making experience on Sunday 29th November at 4pm?
Live on Zoom, you can share in the fun of making this festive treat. With music, craft, a Christmas quiz PLUS you can make your pudding in real-time and ask any questions as we go along — the whole experience can be as interactive as you want! We would love to see your culinary skills as you join with other folk in and around Warwick.
Suitable for all ages — why not get your Christmas hats out of the loft to bring some seasonal cheer? And for those who really can’t make it on the afternoon, we’ll put a recording of the event up on YouTube so you can join in at your leisure. What isn’t there to like??! To find out more, keep scrolling down… If you want to go direct to sign up, click here.
How does this work?
Our aim is to make a fun, relaxed, community atmosphere to divert our attention from going Lockdown loopy! We also want to remove the bulk of the stress of you getting the ingredients together, so we’re providing almost all of them for you (you just need to get some marg, milk and an egg – an easy local shop trip).
All we need you to do is complete the form below by Tuesday 24th November and collect your bag from us at Gateway Café, Castle Hill, Warwick CV34 4EX on Saturday 28th November, 10am-3pm. (Sorry—we have to close registration early due to the preparation time needed with Covid-19 restrictions).
what does it cost?
Whilst the cost of the ingredients and basin is £5.50, we’re suggesting a donation of £6+ per pudding (each pudding feeds approx. 8 people). As a church, we are keen to raise money for those less privileged than we are so all money extra money will be split between two charities. However, if you or someone you know is in financial difficulty but would be blessed by this event, then please don’t let that stop you signing up—we trust you to select the level of financial donation you can realistically afford.
Who are these charities?
Anything you give over £5.50 will be divided between supporting Zoë’s Place (our local children’s hospice) and the Sahel Hospital in Chad. We hope you’ll give as much as you can.
I’m in! What happens next?
1. Sign up below — we ideally need to know your Zoom display name (that’s the name we’ll see when you sign in so we know it’s you) and have a debit card at hand
2. Confirm whether you’d like some children’s craft activities (demo videos will also be shown during our time together and made available afterwards)
3. Confirmation email — you’ll receive an email from us confirming we’ve got your registration form (do check your spam/junk as we sometimes get sorted into the wrong folder)
4. Shopping — you need to make sure you’ve got in stock: 100g marg, 1 egg and 60ml milk (or if you prefer 30ml milk & 30ml brandy)
5. Zoom code — we’ll email you again on Saturday 28th November to give you the Zoom code and let you know any final details you may need (this code is just for you – please don’t share it)
Sign Up Form
Registration for Stir Up Sunday is now closed – we look forward to handing out the ingredients to all of those that have signed up on Saturday.